MERCURY VILLA, CHANIA
An exceptional seaside retreat!
Nestled on a rocky hillside, just a few minutes’ drive from Elafonisi in Crete, this exceptional seaside retreat is a masterpiece of Mediterranean architecture.
Designed to blur the boundaries between the inside and its stunning natural surroundings, Mercury has been carefully sited amid the natural rugged setting, prioritizing the spectacular views to the Libyan Sea while guests get the impression of an anchored boat as they watch the waves crashing onto the shore just a couple of meters below. Here, frugal lines and straight edges frame the raw magnificence of the natural setting high above the sea, without sacrificing the comfort of direct accessibility by car.
The villa is embedded with a beautiful terrace – orientated to respond to the contours of the landscape – that offers a multisensory experience with two stunning swimming pools and several spots for family gatherings. Details, such as the big rock which has been turned into an element of the structure, or the small waterfall linking the property’s main pool with a plunge pool a level below, create a restful sanctuary of peace and serenity just a stone’s throw from the beach.
The main entrance takes guests directly to the heart of the villa where large glass windows along the façade provide an unobstructed flow of space between the ever-so-cool monochrome interiors and the rough, wild Cretan landscape. Inspired by the villa’s immediate surroundings, the natural interior material palette of wooden floors and minimalist furnishing in light wood paired with glass walls, steel and rock elements offer a twist that allows guests to remain focused on the views. Each of the four stylish bedrooms is well-appointed with en suite facilities while the floor-to-ceiling glass windows perfectly blend the outside and in, and allow natural sunlight to flow through the interior.
Along with its secluded pebble beach which is a short walk from the villa through a private path, Mercury is within a few minutes’ drive from the famous Elafonisi and just a short journey from some of the best beaches on the island.
In this enchanting hideaway where eco-awareness coexists with contemporary aesthetics guests are encouraged to indulge in a joyful sense of harmony, which appeals to devotees of the Cretan spirit.
- Fully equipped open plan kitchen
- Spacious living and dining areas with large windows
- 1 Master bedroom (double bed 1,60 X 2,00) with en suite bathroom
- 1 Master bedroom (double bed 1,60 X 2,00) with en suite bathroom (and direct access to the plunge pool
- 1 Master bedroom (twin beds) with private bathroom
- Vast glass openings
- Absolutely autonomous guest house for 2 guests (double bed 1,80 X 2,00) + 1 kid
- Private bathroom with bath tub and shower
- Mini bar | Coffee maker
- Swimming pool with sun loungers
- Various sitting and relaxing spaces
- Dining area
- Plunge pool
- SAT TV
- A/C in all bedrooms
- Luxury toiletries
- Safety box
- Nespresso coffee maker
- Baby cot & high chair
- Private pool
- Plunge pool
- Sun loungers
- Outdoor dining & sitting area
- Parking space
- Maid service 3 times a week
- Change of linen and towels twice a week
- Breakfast hamper with homemade, fresh and local delicacies is delivered to the villa daily
- Travel assistance and concierge services
- Check our services section for information on the wide range of services we can arrange
- CLOSEST AIRPORT: Chania Int. Airport 87km
- CLOSEST PORT: Port of Souda 79km
- CLOSEST VILLAGE: Livadia village 2,6km. | Chrysoskalitisa 11.6km
- CLOSEST BEACH: Keramoti 100 m walk through a private path or 850 by car, Falasarna 29km, Elafonisi 17km