IANTHE VILLA, PATMOS
A captivating Patmian residence crowned by the monastery
Benefiting from a prime location crowned by the imposing fortified monastery, this elegant residence is blessed with breathtaking views over the oldest Chora of the Aegean and the sea.
Thanks to its elegant owner, this historic house, dating from 17th century, has been meticulously restored to serve as a pristine example of medieval architecture on the island. Steeped in mystic, the residence offers delightful details that speak to the original aesthetics of the interior making Ianthe the perfect location to experience the captivating medieval charm.
Wooden ceilings, stone built walls, old wooden doors, colorful carpets, antique furniture, original Art and a lovely internal courtyard, rebirth the property’s lost grace yet with great attention to detail.
The three open terraces with mesmerizing views towards the monastery and the sea – equipped with built in sofas and comfortable pillows – is definitely a highlight of this residence while at just a short walk through the narrow winding streets you will find yourself in the midst of the cosmopolitan happenings, a beloved spot for Patmos’ connoisseurs.
With its seductive historical charm and its cosmopolitan hotspot, this is a great residence for sophisticated Patmos lovers, who want to experience the island authentically in a truly homey ambience yet comfortable and with high aesthetics.
The house expands in different levels, typical of its medieval architecture
- Living room with antique furniture and original Art and comfortable couches
- Separate Library room full of books with access to a terrace
- Kitchen with stone oven and other essential facilities
- A Refectorium with a marble table like in the Monastery for breakfast, lunch and dinner
- An open space room with a daybed and TV comfortable to accommodate a nanny or kids.
- Wine cellar with access to an internal yard with coffee table
- 1 Double bedroom with a small office and private bathroom
- 1 Double bedroom with private bathroom and access to a terrace
- There are 3 terraces all over the house with built in sofas and amazing views over Chora, the Monastery and the sea
- A small internal yard with coffee table
- WiFi access
- TV with worldwide channels
- CD player, and a vast selection of CD’s
- Daily maid service
- Change of linen and towels twice a week
- Travel assistance and concierge services
- Check our services section for information on the wide range of services we can arrange
Access to the Villa: easy, from paved road (no cars in Chora) Ferry from Athens to Patmos 3 times a week
- CLOSEST AIRPORT: Leros 45 minutes by boat
- CLOSEST PRIVATE AIRPORT: Samos, 3.5h by boat
- CLOSEST PORT: Patmos Skala, 10 min drive with Heliport
- CLOSEST TOWN: Patmos, In town
- CLOSEST BEACH: Grikos Beach, 5 min drive