FLORENCE VILLA, SIFNOS
Nobility of the past
Sitting proudly on the edge of the picturesque village of Artemonas, villa Florence majestically crowns the Aegean Sea where lines of the cycladian islands mark the horizon.
Exquisitely restored, the residence dates back to the 19th century, originally built, by local masons with the assistance of master builders from abroad, to host a notable family that used to gather in Sifnos from all over the world. Today, this residence remains one of the very few ones, which still radiate the nobility of the past.
The house is located at Artemonas, a traditional and un-spoiled village that since the 1950’s has been protected from further change by the Greek government.
Set among split -level yards and a splendid garden the villa offers various spots for coffee, small gatherings with friends and family and a perfect place for relaxation.
The interior of the residence harmonizes the noble charm of the past to the contemporary touches and comforts. The handcrafted wooden doors, the high ceilings and the wooden floorings keep the old aristocratic atmosphere alive, while, on the other hand, the living experience of this beautiful residence is that of a warm and comfortable home styled by a mix of Greek folklore decoration with antique pieces and collections of handcrafted artifacts, creating a laid-back atmosphere.
Whilst it is secluded and quiet, ensuring great privacy to the visitor, villa Florence’s added bonus is its strategic location since there is plenty to see and do within a short, walking distance. Take your pick from a glorious sandy beach, a walking flagstone path or restaurants and shopping in the town.
- Dining room
- 2 bathrooms & 1 WC
- Living room
- Study room
- 2 Double bedrooms
- 1 Semi-Double bedroom
- 1 Twin bedroom
- 1 Semi-Double plus one crib (upon request)
- Traditional kitchen, fully equipped
- Stereo player on the ground floor, including radio and CD player
- ADSL Internet | Wi-Fi access | Fax | Printer
- Books (in English and French) | board games | Hiking maps
- Terrace & balconies
- BBQ on the terrace
- Outdoor furniture + hammocks
- Children swings
- Ping-pong table
- Small vegetable garden for the use of guests
- Daily maid service
- Change of linen and towels twice a week
- Travel assistance and concierge services
- Check OUR SERVICES section for information on the wide range of services we can arrange
- CLOSEST AIRPORT: Athens airport, 2h 50 min boat and 45-minute drive
- CLOSEST PORT: Kamares port, 15 min drive
- CLOSEST TOWN: Artemonas 5 minute walking
- CLOSEST BEACH: Various beautiful beaches, 15 min drive