ELIA VILLA, CEPHALONIA
A timeless countryside estate in Cephalonia
Dating back in the 17th century, this timeless countryside estate in one of the most alluring areas on Cephalonia will totally charm you from first sight.
Destined to guide guests to the island’s authentic past, this eco-retreat blends harmoniously the ongoing agricultural activity with regional tradition and culture, while combining the authentic country life with the best in modern day lifestyle amenities, for a truly remarkable luxury living experience.
Ancestral olive trees, Italian cypresses, indigenous fruit trees, flower bushes and shrubs of the greek flora grow all around enhancing the slow paced countryside life in Cephalonia carrying you away as soon as you step foot on the grounds.
The gem of the estate is an impressively restored 18th century stone olive press mill that operates as a museum presenting aspects of the thousand-year-old olive culture and giving guests the opportunity to live a unique experience. Take a seat on the comfortable sofas in the museum and allow yourself go onto another era or dine at the incredible outdoor area letting your personal chef trigger all five senses of yours.
The Cephalonian-style manor house presiding over the estate appears as though torn from the pages of your favorite childhood fairytale. This exceptional villa with its terracotta roof made out of old tiles and decorated with top-quality fittings and collector’s items is one of the few on the island to celebrate to the maximum the art of good living.
From the sun-drenched manicured garden you can relish in the stunning views to the clear blue Ionian Sea, and gander at the undulating valley of olive groves below. Here you will feel the royal treatment thanks to the house staff, who will cater to your every need as you lounge around the Tuscan-style pool.
In the afternoon follow the path to the old 17th century threshing floor and let the smells and colors take you to a journey of absolute relaxation and bliss.
Five unique and stylish bedrooms, decorated in classical style can accommodate up to 10 guests while air condition in all rooms ensures comfortable sleeping even at the height of summer.
Whether looking for an active countryside adventure in the unspoilt nature or simply relaxing amidst the beautiful surroundings of the estate, villa Elia has everything you could wish for.
Total surface area of the villa: 258m2
- Large drawing room/dining area leading onto a spacious terrace with shaded dining and lounging areas
- Fully equipped country-style kitchen adjacent to the indoor dining space
- Twin bedroom with en suite bathroom and direct access to terrace and pool
- Double bedroom with separate bathroom
- Master bedroom with king-size bed and a large private balcony offering panoramic views of the property and the Ionian Sea
- Twin bedroom with smaller balcony
- Shared Bathroom with mosaic shower
LOWER GROUND FLOOR (WITH ITS OWN ENTRANCE)
- Twin bedroom with en suite bathroom
- Small sitting area
- Swimming pool below the main terrace
- Ample terrace
- Manicured garden
- 3 state of the art bathrooms
- 1 king-size and 1 queen-size bedroom
- Fully equipped kitchen with modern appliances
- Air conditioning available throughout the villa (and heating)
- Satellite TV | 3 Plasma TVs | DVD player | Hi-Fi System with radio | CD player | iPod/iPhone dock
- WiFi ADSL internet
- 2 safes for storing valuables
- Cot and highchair available for young children
- A Tuscan-style swimming pool set slightly below the main terrace (13m x 5m)
- Dining and sitting areas
- Portable BBQ (operated exclusively by the chef)
- 17th-century olive mill with its old oil press room
- Old threshing floor
- Helicopter landing
- Private parking for up to two vehicles
- Daily maid service
- In-house chef in mid and high season
- Change of linen and towels twice a week
- Travel assistance and concierge services
- Check our services section for information on the wide range of services we can arrange
- CLOSEST AIRPORT: Argostoli Airport 11km
- CLOSEST PORT: Argostoli Port 12km | Poros Port 27km | Sami Port 26km
- CLOSEST CITY: Argostili 12km
- CLOSEST VILLAGE: Moussata Village 400m
- CLOSEST BEACH: Trapezaki beach 1,5km